1. In operating our business, we collect, store, process, use and disclose personal information belonging to a range of people, including our customers and suppliers (you or your). Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (Personal Information). We are committed to protecting your personal information and meeting our privacy obligations at law, including in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act).
The types of information we collect
6. We may obtain a wide range of Personal Information from you as a result of your use of the Website, or when you otherwise interact with us.
7. The Personal Information we collect includes but is not limited to:
8. The Personal Information we collect may be collected in a number of ways including but not limited to:
How we use the Personal Information we collect
9. We may use your Personal Information for a variety of reasons and purposes including but not limited to:
Who we disclose Personal Information to
12. We may store your Personal Information on computer systems operated by third parties. We will take reasonable precautions against unauthorised access and disclosure by those third parties.
13. We may also share your Personal Information with third parties for a range of reasons including:
Transferring Personal Information outside New Zealand
Security of your Personal Information
16. We take reasonable precautions to make sure that we keep your Personal Information secure. However, because the internet is an open network, we cannot warrant or guarantee that your Personal Information is safe from unauthorised access or use.
What we do if there is a privacy breach relating to your Personal Information
18. If we believe that there has been a privacy breach involving your personal information, we will identify the issue and take steps to minimise any harm.
19. If we believe that the breach has caused, or is likely to cause, serious harm, we will contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. If appropriate, we will also contact you and anyone else affected by this privacy breach.
20. If you believe there may have been a privacy breach, please contact us as soon as possible.
Communications with you
21. We will send you emails throughout the ordering and purchasing process.
22. We will send out promotional material in our newsletters promoting material related to our company and our business. We use email as a means of receiving feedback from you, and we encourage you to email us with your questions or comments.
23. We will preserve the content of any email you send us if we believe we have the legal requirement to do so. Your email message content may be monitored by us for trouble shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of email abuse is suspected.
24. From time to time we may send you, and you agree to receive, emails and other promotions relating to services or goods offered by us and our related companies, partners and customers.
25. You may opt out of receiving those emails and other promotions at any time by following the opt-out instructions provided in the relevant communication.
Accessing or correcting your Personal Information
26. You may request access to your Personal Information that is held by us at any time.
27. If you believe any of your Personal Information is incorrect or inaccurate you may request us to correct it at any time.
30. The Website may contain links to third party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of third party websites or applications.
What about if you're in Europe?
Addendum – European Union General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR")
32. Settlers Honey Ltd is a data controller for our Website, services provided through the Website, and all other services provided by us.
33. If you are in a country that is a member of the EEA, you have the following additional rights in relation to your Personal Data held by us:
Contacting us about privacy
35. If you have a complaint and feel that this has not been resolved by us to your satisfaction, you may take your complaint directly to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner in New Zealand (contact details below), or otherwise to the relevant data protection authority (for example in the place you reside or where you believe we have breached your rights). You are not required to let us try to resolve your complaint first before escalating this further.
36. Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: