The best of both worlds when you can’t decide which to make 🥕🍌
You wouldn’t guess its gluten free. Moist and super tasty, with creamy and zesty icing… Delish served with Greek yoghurt.
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- ¾ cup gluten free plain flour
- ¾ cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 cup of Settlers Honey Makowhai Native Blend (or your favourite Settlers Honey)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon each of ground nutmeg, ground cardamom, ground ginger (don’t worry if you don’t have all the spices, just use what you have)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 large over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 2 free range eggs
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup rice bran oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup of toasted coconut
- 1 cup of dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 250 grams Cream cheese
- Zest and juice of 3 large lemons
- ½ cup of Settlers Honey Makowhai Native Blend (or your favourite Settlers Honey)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees, bake.
- Line and grease a 20cm cake tin.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk all other ingredients (except hazelnuts, coconut and apricots) together in a sperate bowl. Then, combine wet and dry mixtures. Mix well. Add half the hazelnuts and apricots in and mix again.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, prep the icing by combining all icing ingredients in a bowl and beat with an electric beater for about a minute, until smooth and creamy.
- Allow cake to completely cool before icing. Sprinkle the remaining nuts, apricot and coconut over top.
- Will keep super well for up to 4 days in the fridge.