Popcorn is so quick, easy and affordable to make from scratch. Perfect to make with the kids, they can watch the pot as the kernels pop.
- Makes 4 cups of popcorn
- Refined Sugar Free and Gluten Free
- Ready in 10 minutes
- 5 ingredients only
- 4 tablespoons of Settler’s Honey Makowhai Native Bush Blend (or your favourite Settlers Honey)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut (or brown) sugar
- 60grams of butter
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat a medium sized pot over medium heat with the corn kernels and oil (lid on).
- After about 3-4 minutes, the kernels will start popping. Keep on heat for approx. 4 minutes while the kernels pop. As the pops get further apart, its almost ready. Shake the pot frequently throughout the popping process.
- Meanwhile, make the salted honey caramel by heating butter, coconut sugar, Settler’s honey and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir throughout until sugar and salt and dissolved and you have a thick bubbling sauce. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- When ready to eat, pour salted honey caramel over the popcorn and dig in.